jueves, 22 de enero de 2015

An artist I admire.

Hello classmates,
Today I’m going to talk you about an artist I admire. I knew him recently, a few months ago. One day when I was talked with my teacher, he asked me if I would know to Anselm Kiefer, because my work is similar to his work, however I didn’t know him. Then my teacher lent me a book about Anselm Kiefer’s work. I liked it so much, for his works are incredible, I like the colors, texture and all material he used. Anselm Kiefer is a German painter and sculptor, and he usually incorporate materials such as straw, ash, clay, lead, and shellac. The poems of Paul Celan have played a role in developing Kiefer's themes of German history and the horror of the Holocaust, as have the spiritual concepts of Kabbalah. Themes from Nazi rule are particularly reflected in his work; for example, the painting "Margarethe" (oil and straw on canvas) was inspired by Paul Celan's well-known poem "Todesfuge" ("Death Fugue"), other work is Morgenthau Plan and you can see it below. His paintings are very big like six for five meters, maybe. I think, he must be a very passionate and obsessive person. I like this artist because I have never had an example before, which I can resort to.


3 comentarios:

  1. i never sow i painting from this artist before, i really like, i dont like very much painters but i thing this is really good thanks for share.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love Anselm Kiefer is a great artist !

    ResponderEliminar
  3. i did not know nothing of this guy, i didn't know any of his works,but now i'm very intrigued for his textures. really nice...

    ResponderEliminar